Performs set-up and prepares line for packaging - various packaging equipment. Provides packaging supplies and bulk product as required to feed packaging machines and change as necessary (i.e. bottles, labels and caps). Continually observes product and materials being used and rejects any substandard materials or packages not in conformance with regulations. Document, monitor and maintain proper fill levels based on the product specifications. Operate package line according to Setup Sheets, SPI, SOP’s, and other instructed procedures. Responsible for signing off on permanent records and that the appropriate cleaning procedures are followed. Maintains a safe work area and observes all company safety regulations.
- Must work in a pleasant and cooperative manner.
- Maintain satisfactory attendance record.
- Must be able to lift heavy loads (25-60 lbs.), and to handle weights up to 500 lbs. with mechanical assistance.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
- Inside work in pleasant surroundings.
- Some exposure to product, dust, and grease when cleaning equipment and work area.
- Exposed to recognized hazards of packing machinery.
- Standing or walking approximately 100% of time, lifting intermittently pounds.